Hei vierailija! Jos haluat osallistua keskusteluun, kirjaudu sähköiselle äitiyskortillesi ja klikkaa Keskustelu-linkkiä!
Rekisteröidy

Nuchal Translucency test above average (3.5mm)

Nuchal Translucency test above average (3.5mm)

ViestiKirjoittaja Kiiiva » 10.11.2020 18:46

Hei Ipana community,
We had our first screening last week and had a nuchal translucency (NT) of 3.5mm. We were quite worried after meeting the doctor as she was not reassuring at all, preparing us for the worst :cry: . Also given that the foetus was 45.2mm long for supposed 12+5 pregnancy term. The nurse measured a few times and they were always different. We have our appointment in Oulu next week to do further screening, but I was wondering if anyone here had experiences with slightly abnormal first scans?

Also, can someone tell me the Finnish name of the Nuchal Translucency? I have not been able to find it in my research.

Kiitos Paljon :)
Kiiiva

Re: Nuchal Translucency test above average (3.5mm)

ViestiKirjoittaja einimimerkkiä » 12.11.2020 19:07

Hello there!! I´ll keep my fingers crossed that everything will be ok in the end with the fetus!!!!! I have no experience about what you are going thru now with your partner,
but I read your msg and the NT word you probably were looking for in finnish is `niskapoimu mitta` (measurement) or `niskapoimuturvotus`(swelling). Thumbs up for your next ultra!!
Have a nice autumn :) -Minna
einimimerkkiä

Paluu Raskausaika